Maximize productivity on any device with our portable, user-friendly OEE software. Get started today with a free trial!
How well do these Maintenance audit statements correspond to your facility?
1. The need for preventive maintenance is determined for every machine.
No, it does not
apply to our plantYes,
it corresponds to our plant
2. The production personnel are responsible for most of the maintenance inspections on their machines.
3. Production personnel are trained for maintenance work, and easy-to-understand instructions are readily available for every operator on duty.
4. What is to be done, who is responsible, and when it was last time it was checked/repaired is clearly communicated to everybody.
5. Production personnel are well trained in trouble shooting and maintenance jobs. They can describe malfunctions clearly and offer help during heavy repair works.
6. What ratio of all maintenance work are planned in advance?
7. "As our machinery is reliable, our maintenance personnel need to work during dayshifts only. "
8. All maintenance works are registered in a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
9. We use reports from the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to make decisions.
10. We are using a mathematical model or computer aid to determine the right level of spare part inventory.
11. The maintenance department uses most of its time to improve the equipment, advanced inspections, and train the production personnel. Breakdowns are rare.
12. All levels of management are committed to maintenance issues and regular audits are carried out.
By Oskar Olofsson
Making lean work for you
World-Class / Lean Manufacturing
SMED Quick Change-over
TPM and Plant Maintenance
Succeeding With Standardized Work
Succeeding With 5S