I believe that far too many companies invest in production monitoring systems without first having carried out a proper resource analysis.
As a result you sometimes pay for expensive systems and get results which you could equally well have achieved with a clock, a calculator and a day's production.
Others create complicated Excel spreadsheets but would achieve a lot more with automated systems.
A common problem is that you extract a load of information but have no strategy as to how to use this information in the improvement process.
This is why I offer the following services, regardless of the provider you use, to companies that are considering OEE systems but require guidance along the way.
- Conduct workshops and training
- Calculate Return on Investment and other investment calculations
- Determine the correct level of system support required (from Excel to company-wide real-time systems)
- Prioritize which equipment is most important to track
- Introduce an efficient improvement program based on measurement
- Set up requirement analyses or demand specifications