How well do these statements correspond to your facility? An Road Map for Lean Manufacturing Implementation is automated for you
The tool is inpired by Read a Plant - Fast, by R. Eugene Goodson. Published by Harvard Business Review 2002.
1. Our plant is safe, clean, and well organized. When guests come to visit our plant, there is no need to do some extra cleaning
No, it does not apply to our plant Yes, it corresponds to our plant
No, it is not so important Yes, it is very important
2. Material is moved only once and as short distance as possible in appropriate containers
3. Information, in relation to production, deliveries and quality, are constantly updated and clearly visible for everyone to see.
4. The need for preventive maintenance and cleaning is determined for every machine. All duties are carried out according to schedule by trained personnel.
5. We constantly fine-tune processes using important data, informed facts, and statistical methods.
6. All work-procedures are standardized. They are reviewed and improved by the work-teams on a regular basis.
7. The production pace is based on the actual orders from the costumers and is regularly updated on daily or hourly basis.
8. Set-ups are quick, simple and frequent
9. Our personnel are flexible and cross-trained. It is common for our staff to help other departments, when needed.
10. Work-related ‘improvement' meetings are regular and involve all employees.
11. All downtimes in the bottlenecks are recorded, and the results are used to improve the equipment and routines.
12. Our suppliers are highly-dependable and reliable. We constantly track their delivery accuracy and quality record as a matter of policy. This way, there is no need to do quality control on most incoming goods.
No, it is not so important
Yes, it is very important
I am a Lean and World-Class Manufacturing consultant and the founder of WCM Consulting AB.
© WCM Consulting AB, Vaxholm, Sweden
Oskar Olofsson, Google profile
Designed by Houston Web Design